lunes, 5 de enero de 2015

Gathering information from students - Interview

I interviewed two Year 11 students, who I know have used Duolingo a lot. I wanted to find out from them how other less motivated students might be motivated to use this tool. This is the entire 12 minute interview.


Record audio or upload mp3 >>

Some quotes from the interview:

"I think you have to know the rules before you do it on Duolingo."
"It's really hard to figure out the grammar, grammar's really important when you write."
"I try to go on (Duolingo) every day."
"I think it does (little and often) really well."
"It's easier than looking at a black and white sheet."
"The lingots really motivate me. They're like gems, they look nice. If you want to buy stuff you can use them."
"I like the idea of the store."
"I would definitely list out all of the vocabulary. For example, if there is 'clothes'... I would create a comprehensive table. For me tables do help."
"I would say, add different kinds of languages, like Asian languages."
"If you put the right sort of value into (Duolingo), make it worth something, it's really made language, something difficult, easier."
"People don't like practising, I think (not being motivated) is just laziness."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario